I thought that the inclusion of the cup would distract the viewer from the focal point of the scene, which I wanted to be the chess match. I felt that the brightly coloured red cup would distract because it is too vibrant in relation to the rest of the scene. I felt that it was enough to keep the die falling from the cup, without actually seeing the cup itself. The dice represent luck and chance in games, whereas chess is focused on strategy rather than chance.
The counters would have been too distracting from the focal point because the colours in the foreground were intended to dominate the scene, which is why all the action in the background is bland in terms of colour. The games counters, that are used in various games such as Ludo, Snakes and Ladders and Frustration, were too contrasting with the colours that I wanted to focus on.
All-in-all, the animation started as a small concept, then developed into a more fleshed-out piece, still with a lot of room for improvement. I’ve had several ideas since, which would make interesting projects, but this project has allowed me to develop skills I hadn’t previously maintained, including modelling, sculpting and the use of dynamics. Practice with textures has lead me to create several which have a multitude of purposes, and can be easily used in the future for different projects. I’m pleased with the overall outcome, though if I were to repeat this project, I would probably reduce the amount of occurrences in the background, and focus more on the macro of the scene, such as some of the individual collisions, or following a particular object through its’ journey in the scene.




No comments:
Post a Comment